Sunday, March 23, 2008

grifter

this family has been poisoned.
we'll writhe until we blind ourselves,
our epileptic fits will grow until
our precious skulls are cracked upon these wood floors,
and our thoughts spill out until reticence gives way to
peace.

the depths will drag us ever lower.
i'm beginning to realize that blame has no use,
my psychotic obsession will fade until
my redemption becomes naught but a romantic notion,
and my eyes will open and as the light reaches me and i
believe.

(but perhaps i'm overreacting. all i can do is wait a scant two years longer.)

3 comments:

the unholy atlantic said...

wow, this is melodramatic.

Seriously, I think you can make yourself sort of okay with it if you try. That's what I did for a while until I realized that I was being stupid anyway and my parents are not actually horrible beings.

the unholy atlantic said...

whoa whoa. That last poem I wrote wasn't actually about you. xD I was listening to the Saosin song "You're Not Alone," and the poem is pretty much a paraphrase/new interpretation of it. I just thought it might make your day a little brighter if you read it. I wasn't trying to lecture or anything. D:

(and "Saosin" is Chinese for "small heart".)

the unholy atlantic said...

Yeah, I gave some thought to your previous comment. And don't feel dense, you did come to a logical conclusion. =D

I think I'm going to go update Mortax now >DDD